Friday, August 8, 2008

The HP Fandom Traveling Gnome Embarks on a Trip Across North America To Raise Money For Avon Walk For a Cure!


Hey guys, I want to plug this for the first time.
This afternoon I 'borrowed' a gnome from my neighbor's because I wanted to do a Traveling Gnome prank. Then I told people online and we turned it into a Breast Cancer Walk Fundraiser.
This is where Melissa fits in, Mel, you are doing the Avon Walk for a Cure! *claps*
I see you only have 80% of your goal, so my plan is to send the Traveling Gnome around North America, for the cheapest price possible, take a picture of yourself with the gnome and write your name on the slip of paper on the first unavailable spot on the list of 1-30. Whoever has #30 will send the box back to me. The idea for raising money is when you get the gnome, throw a donation in the envelope of a couple of dollars or whatever you can spare. It's OK if you are just doing it for the heck of having the Traveling Gnome from Pickering Ontario, or don't have any spare cash, that's perfectly fine as this was just for fun at the start. The best part is, you get to pick who gets the gnome next, but we are aiming to keep it within the fandom please!
Hufflepuff love & lots of hugs!
Sylvie
(P.S. If you know anyone who would love doing this please please inform them!)